Panel Core extruded polystyrene (XPS) foam insulation is a Styrofoam™ Brand closed-cell high performance core material used extensively in composite panel applications. DuPont’s proprietary extrusion process enables precise control of parameters such as density, cell size and cell orientation. This yields foam boards that can stand up to the most demanding composite panel applications. Panel Core is supplied in sheets that have been carefully engineered and planed to precise tolerances for an exceptional bonding surface. The closed-cell structure of Styrofoam™ Brand solutions resists absorption of water, which helps maintain panel integrity and insulating properties in low temperature applications and other environments with high humidity and moisture conditions. The foam also resists absorption of adhesives, so less glue is required for effective, long-lasting adhesion of facer materials.
PANEL CORE 20 Insulation
Compressive Strength 20 PSI
PANEL CORE 30 Insulation
Compressive Strength 30 PSI
PANEL CORE 40 Insulation
Compressive Strength 40 PSI
- Core material and thermal insulation for composite panel manufacturing
- Typical applications include architectural building panels, walk-in coolers, modular structures, incubators, conservatories, sunrooms, recreational vehicle sidewalls, exterior door panels, insulated roof panels, clean-room panels, and garage and entry doors
- Supplied in sheets that have been carefully engineered and planed to precise tolerances
- Provides an exceptional bond surface
- Resists water absorption
- Helps maintain panel integrity and insulating properties in low-temperature, high-humidity and high-moisture conditions
- Foam resists absorption of adhesives so less glue is required
- Boards up to 4″ thick, up to 216″ long and up to 50″ wide
- Contains an average of 20% pre-consumer recycled content certified by UL Environment Inc.