Thermax™ XARMOR™ (ci) Exterior Insulation
What is Dow Thermax XARMOR?Dow Thermax XARMOR CI Exterior Insulation consists of a glass-fiber-reinforced polyisocyanurate foam core faced with 4 mil embossed BLUE thermoset-coated aluminum on one side and 1.25 mil embossed aluminum on the other. When used as part of the Dow Thermax Wall System, the integral, durable thermoset-coated aluminum facer provides a drainage plane, water-resistive barrier and exterior sheathing; eliminating the extra steps of installing a membrane, building wrap and exterior gypsum. The DuPont™ Thermax™ Wall System (TWS) is more than an insulated wall – it’s a systematic approach to achieving efficiency at every level: simplified design, streamlined construction and optimized energy consumption for a reduced carbon footprint.
THERMAX XARMOR™ (ci)Exterior Insulation
- Commercial steel stud construction
- Hospitals, education centers, public buildings, and other commercial applications
- Exterior, continuous insulation
- Durable 4-mil embossed BLUE thermoset-coated aluminum exterior facer
- One of the highest R-values available (R-6.5 at 1″)
- Features a distinct free-rise technology for better product consistency, durability and fire performance over generic polyisocyanurate insulations.
- Contains UV-stable technology and can remain uncovered up to six months
- It reduces the potential for condensation within the wall assembly resulting in long lasting performance due to its low perm rating and high insulating value
- Comes with industry-leading 15 year thermal and moisture-resistance warranty when used within the complete Dow THERMAX Wall System