What is Traffic Coating and how is it used?
Traffic coatings are used to help maintain the longevity of surfaces by preventing wear on them over time. There are many different types of traffic coatings that protect multiple surfaces like concrete or plywood from vehicular and pedestrian traffic abrasion, and in the case of concrete, protection from freeze/thaw damage and chloride induced corrosion.
The Different Types of Traffic Coatings
Attractive composite waterproofing systems composed of tough-curing liquid polyurethane rubber.
Vehicular CoatingsDesigned for waterproofing concrete slabs and protecting occupied areas underneath from water damage.
PrimersTwo-component epoxy, urethane, non-porous, as well as a variety of other options for your project.
Specialty CoatingsDurable waterproof coatings for a variety of specialty applications, including athletic surfaces and roof terraces.
Under Tile SystemsDurable waterproof coatings for a variety of specialty applications, including athletic surfaces and roof terraces.
The Benefits of Using Traffic CoatingsThese systems are widely used because they have many benefits including:
- They are generally cost effective
- Easy installation by professionals
- Low odor during installation compared to alternates
- Repairs to defects are easily addressed
- Light weight so it can be added to a structure not originally designed to have a traffic coating without adding significant loads