270 Ladder Eye-Wire
The compressed leg 2X-HOOK™ has been tested and designed to withstand over 200-lbf, in tension or compression, at maximum allowed offset (ACI 530 22.214.171.124.5.4) of 1-1/4” (disengagement of the pintle from the veneer anchor). These results exceed BIA recommendations and the capabilities of standard “round wire” hooks or pintles by over 100%!
NOTE: 2X-HOOK™ CAN BE INSTALLED WITH LEGS POINTING UP OR DOWN.
The embedded portion of the 2X-Hook is 3/16”DIA round wire, satisfying the code requirement that the mortar bed thickness (typically 3/8”) must be twice the diameter of the wire.
2X-Hook: U.S. Pat. No. 8,613,175 Test results available upon request.
- Allows construction of interior wythe in advance of exterior wythe.
- 2X-Hook acts as a vertically adjustable anchor to bond exterior masonry, while restraining in and out movement
- Design of 2X-Hook serves to mechanically secure insulation to masonry backup
- Fabricated in conformance with ASCE/ACI 530 building code requirements for masonry structures and ASTM A 951 (standard specification for masonry joint reinforcing)
- Reinforcing for interior wythe can be STANDARD WEIGHT (9 ga x 9 ga), EXTRA HEAVY (3/16″ side rods x 9 ga cross rods), or SUPER HEAVY DUTY (all 3/16″)
- Eyes and 2X-HOOK™ are 3/16″ dia. standard