PB Resin HDU Epoxy
PB Resin is a two-part modified clear epoxy resin that can be applied in its clear form, or mixed with lettering enamels to quickly and easily create a high gloss, smooth texture, color finish. PB Resin HDU Epoxy will create an ultra smooth texture on Precision Board HDU, any density, with no priming and no sanding. PB Resin can also be applied to polystyrene, wood, stone, steel, aluminum, and almost any other substrate. A smooth, opaque finish can usually be achieved on flat surfaces in one coat. No priming, no sanding! Extremely rough areas may need two coats.
Quick tips for using PB Resin HDU Epoxy
- Mix PB Resin part A and part B (50/50) by volume thoroughly for at least two minutes.
- PB Resin can be tinted to any color using standard oil based paints or lettering enamels. Use approximately 1 tsp. of color to 8 oz of PB resin. Test color blockout effectiveness by pouring small amount on newsprint. Only use enough color to block printing.
- Apply resin directly from mixing cup or from a squeeze bottle applicator and allow to allow to completely flow out. Flow can be assisted with a stir stick, etc. PB Resin’s surface tension will keep it from going over the edge if you are careful spreading it out.
- Allow complete cure before applying a second coat or lettering enamels (approximately 24 hrs.).
- Do not handle for at least 4 hr.
- Pot life (working time for 100 grams) is about 60 minutes at 75°-80°F. More quanity and/or more temperature results in shorter pot life.
- Complete cure time: approximately 24 hr.
- Can be applied clear or tinted with oil based paints or lettering enamels
- Creates an ultra smooth texture in one coat without priming or sanding
- Highly durable